Perennial Disappoints: The Giants Struggles Continue

The Giants played the Seahawks last night and I know it's still relatively early in the season, but I don't see things turning around, especially with Daniel Jones at the helm. 

I've been vocal about the fact that I've been wildly unimpressed with Daniel Jones since I first heard his name. People have said to me, "Hey, you should give him a chance. The Giants need a better this...or that...". 

Sure, okay, I'll take a beat and watch it all unfold. 

Fast Forward to now: Here we are all these years later and I'm still not impressed with Daniel Jones and I'll even go so far as to say that I'm shocked the Giants gave him that huge contract extension. 

Right now, the Giants are 1 - 3 and dead last in the NFC East. Through 4 games, the Giants have scored 46 points while allowing 122. Last night against the Seahawks, Jones threw for 203 yards and threw 2 interceptions; one of which was a pick six. 

The Giants offense is stale. Jones is currently ranked 24th, and to put that in perspective, Sam Howell, Tua, and Brock Purdy are playing better, statistically speaking. Without Barkley, the Giants running game basically relies on Daniel Jones and we all know that's not a sustainable model for the NFL which means the Giants have to rely on Jones to put the ball in the air, and so far this season, he's managed to throw 6 interceptions on two touchdowns. 

Look, I know the Giants have a lot of holes on the team that need to be filled, but their biggest issue right now is Daniel Jones. I couldn't tell you if it's because he's not reading the defenses well and making the adjustments at the line, or what, but he simply isn't getting the job done. 

Last night alone, he was sacked about 10 times and while I'm inclined to say the Giants' O-line could be a little better, how much of that was Daniel Jones just not making an adjustment or calling a hot route? I can't rightly say because I don't know what freedoms and liberties Jones can take with the offensive play calling, however, 10 sacks can't just be on the coach and O-line; I've got to put some of that blame on Jones' feet because part of his job is being able to read the defense and make adjustments. 

=========================================================================

Don't forget to check out my podcast streaming over on YouTube! New episodes stream on Saturdays!

Click the logo to visit my channel.



=========================================================================

Thanks for reading! Like the content? You can help support by checking out my website and check out my branded merchandise! https://brandon-bs-merch-shop.myshopify.com/




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's Are Some Thing I've Learned From Growing My Cannabis Plant

I'm tired of people telling me what I need to do, but not willing to help me do it.

Update for my Loyalists