Art Imitates Life and Not the Other Way 'Round

Art Imitates life and not the other way 'round.

People Create art from what we know of the world. 

Art isn't showing us something we haven't already seen.

Stories can't be written about things never experienced or learned. 

Heroes chasing monsters; People falling in love

Starry Night or the Mona Lisa.

It's all based on what the known universe has already shown us.

Strip away the aesthetics of a hero and what's left? 

The concept of morality, justice, right and wrong.

Strip away the aesthetics of a monster and what's left? 

The concept of immorality, injustice, hate, fear, and darkness.

All things found within the human condition.

12 different films are based on a real man that perpetrated heinous acts of violence.

Ed Gein, for all intents and purposes, was a monster.

Photos of war, paintings of flowers, and sculptures of the male and female form all imitate life.

Life doesn't imitate are, no, it's the other way 'round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's Are Some Thing I've Learned From Growing My Cannabis Plant

I'm tired of people telling me what I need to do, but not willing to help me do it.

Update for my Loyalists