More Than a Possibility
If all I can give you in this lifetime is friendship,
then I want to give you the best friendship I can.
Not the kind that only exists while hope is still alive.
Not the kind that quietly packs its bags the moment "more" becomes "less."
The kind that remembers your favorite coffee. The kind that notices when your smile doesn't quite reach your eyes. The kind that answers the phone, shows up when life gets heavy, and celebrates the little victories that nobody else notices.
Because you're more than just a possibility to me.
You were never a prize to be won, or a question waiting for the right answer. You became someone whose laugh could change the mood of an ordinary day, someone whose happiness felt worth protecting, whether it ever belonged to me or not.
People talk as if friendship is what remains when love doesn't happen.
I don't believe that.
Sometimes friendship is love that chose not to make demands.
It's choosing to stay without keeping score. It's hoping life is kind to you, even on days when I'm not part of it.
So if this is where our story lives,
if the only thing I ever get to call you is my friend,
then I'll wear that title proudly.
Because some people are more than a possibility.
They're a reminder that knowing them was enough to make life a little brighter.
And if all I can give you in this lifetime is friendship,
then I hope it's the kind that makes you grateful we met at all.
Comments
Post a Comment