Dr. Disrespect Update

 

If you've been keeping up with Dr. Disrespect and Twitch, then you know there still isn't much to go on. Dr. Disrespect was banned from Twitch earlier this year and Twitch has still not yet addressed the ban publicly and Dr. Disrespect is carrying on outside of Twitch as if nothing has happened. 

One interesting thing to note is that a few weeks ago he seemed to hint at the reason that Twitch had banned him during one of his live streams. 

"Master Chief Navy here says Rich Miller. Hey Rich! Imagine the Navy going in there and getting rid of you, huh. Just out of no where. And then bringing in 3 new cadets. Because you know what, they said man, even though he's going to turn Master Chief, that's a big huge salary. Imagine that Rich. But thankfully that doesn't happen to you."
He seems to hint at the idea that he is being replaced by other streamers because he (Dr. Disrespect) would want too big of a salary for an exclusive contract. If you are familiar with the streaming world, Ninja, Logic and Shroud are the 3 he could be talking about. Logic just inked a big deal and Ninja recently returned to Twitch from another streaming service. I don't know much about Shroud but he's big on Twitch. So what he could be saying is that Twitch replaced him with those three and banned him he couldn't talk about it on Twitch....???

I might buy that if there was a contract already in place. If this about a breach of contract, I could see why there hasn't been any public comments on the situation from either party, but the reason it doesn't make sense is because if Twitch banned the Dr., it would seem they would be the ones looking into a breach of contract not the other way around. 

If we are to believe the narrative that Dr. Disrespect is lightly pushing, Twitch banned him because he got too big and they didn't want to pay him but they paid 3 other guys instead. First off, why would Twitch ban Dr. Disrespect if all that was going on was him pushing for an exclusive contract? That would be a retaliatory practice and it would definitely leave them open to a lawsuit and with all the work that Twitch is doing to make sure they themselves and streamers are compliant, I find it hard to believe they would leave themselves wide open for yet another complaint or potential lawsuit. Secondly, why would they pay 3 different people and not pay the fourth and then ban the fourth? Again, it would seem this would be a practice that could potentially leave the company open for a lawsuit and if I, someone with no law degree, could see where there could be potential lawsuits I find it hard to believe Twitch's (now Amazon's) corporate lawyers missed this one. 

I think it is more likely that Dr. Disrespect wants us to believe his narrative because the truth is that Twitch may have banned him for a violation of policy that is under investigation. I won't say there are any legal ramifications here but I will say that when the cops are investigating things and people ask questions they always say, "We can't comment on an ongoing investigation." 

Recently Twitch has been cracking down on accounts for policy violations and the uptick in bans and suspensions started right around the time Dr. Disrespect was banned. Popular Twitch streamer, Ninja believes Dr. Disrespect knows why he got banned. 

"This isn't some political bulls***. I can tell you that right now, man. Something happened," Ninja said in response to a fan's question on the matter. "I don't know what it was, but something happened."

Ninja continued, saying he believed Dr. Disrespect "did something ban-worthy" before adding, "I do believe that he might not have been told about it. I don't think that he doesn't know what it is."
I'm with Ninja, I think he knows exactly why he got banned and he wants us to believe his narrative to save as much face as he can before the truth comes out. Who knows? But hopefully we find out soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's Are Some Thing I've Learned From Growing My Cannabis Plant

I'm tired of people telling me what I need to do, but not willing to help me do it.

Update for my Loyalists